The number of eye injuries reported each year are alarming. What's even more alarming is that simply wearing protective eyewear can prevent up to 90% of these injuries. Check out these "eye opening" statistics regarding workplace eye injuries:
- 300,000,000: the amount of US dollars lost in time, medical expenses and workers compensation per year due to workplace eye injuries
- 10,000,000: the number of Americans that visit an eye doctor each year due to eye problems related to computer use
- 1,000,000: the estimated number of Americans who have lost some degree of sight due to an eye injury
- 800,000: the number of work-related eye injuries each year
- 300,000: the number of Americans who visit the Emergency Room each year due to an eye injury
- 270,000: the estimated number of workplace injuries that could be avoided each year if eye protection was worn
- 20,300: the number of on-the-job eye injuries that forced employees to take time off last year
- 2,000: the daily number of workers that receive medical care for eye injuries
Do not let yourself be one of these statistics!! Be sure to wear proper eye protection and always remember to schedule your annual comprehensive eye exam at Grin Eye Care with any of our trusted doctors. Stay tuned over the month of March as we continue to discuss the importance of workplace eye safety, including some helpful tips to keep your eyes safe and healthy!
As always, if you're due for an eye exam or if you need help choosing the proper safety eyewear, we have 3 convienient locations and are always happy to help! Give us a call today!! 913-829-5511.