Day after day of downpour has made Kansas Citians more anxious than ever to get out into the sunshine. Before you go enjoy the great outdoors, don't forget to protect your eyes from the sun. Here are some tips from the American Academy of Ophthalmology on how to protect yourself from those harmful UV rays:
- 100% UV protection is a must.
- Make them big - the bigger the lenses, the better the protection.
- Darker lenses don't necessarily offer better protection
- Color doesn't matter - go for those funky colored lenses
- Polarized lenses cut glare, not UV rays - reducing glare makes polarized lenses safer for driving, biking, or water activity
Stop by our Leawood or Olathe location to shop our wide selection of sunglasses, including Dr. Milton Grin's exclusive line of eyewear - MILTON. (pictured above)