To Our Valued Patients and Community,
Please be assured that we are still at your service and will be available to triage all urgent and emergent issues, as well as to help you with routine matters during this challenging time.
In an effort to consolidate our resources, we have temporarily adjusted hours of operations at our Leawood office. Until further notice, the Leawood office is open Monday (9AM–5PM), Tuesday (9AM–5PM) and Friday (9AM–Noon).
Additionally, if you’re curious about how to proceed with a scheduled exam or are in need of eye care, please see some updates from our dedicated team of experts:
- If you are experiencing any respiratory symptoms (coughing, sneezing, sore throat, shortness of breath etc.), fever and/or traveled outside of the US, please call to reschedule your appointment.
- If you have an urgent issue, please contact our office at 913.829.5511. We may have you come in for your exam, talk to our on-call doctor, or perform the exam visit through virtual, telehealth communication. Medicare has temporarily relaxed its telehealth rules to allow this type of communication during the COVID-19 pandemic. Other insurers may follow suit and allow for reimbursement of virtual care costs. The consultation must be initiated at your request.
- If you are being seen in our office during this time, please know that we have implemented all safety and sanitary precautions as recommended by the CDC to protect our staff, patients, and community. Additionally, we are limiting the number of persons in our office. Please ask family or friends to kindly wait outside in the car during your appointment.
- If you are running out of medication, please contact us and we can transmit a refill electronically to your pharmacy.
- Glasses curb-side pickups will be available. Please call us when you arrive & someone will bring your items out to you. You will need to provide ID & payment upon pick up. If someone else is picking up for you, please indicate this when you call. Contact lens orders will be shipped to your home.
The CDC has many wonderful resources. Arming yourself and your family with clear information will help you avoid undue stress:
As always, please contact us if you have questions or need care. Together we will weather this storm.
With sincerest wishes for your continued good health,
The Grin Eye Care Team